Erratic fuel pressure.

#1 by Jon18363828 , Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:41 pm

Hey all! New here, so il do my best to speak the lingo etc etc.
I have a 2009 L200 Raging bull Auto with the 2.5 4d56 engine and it starts up fine but idles erratically until the point where it stalls out. Plugged in to diagnostics, absolutely 0 codes and while monitoring fuel pressure I notice that the fuel pressure is erratic, it dips dramatically, then shoots up all within 1 second and sometimes saves the stall. The engine is hunting but it stalls out within 1 minute normally. It revs up fine but still hunts through the rev range. I've replaced SCV, fuel filter, checked MAP and MAF sensors with known working sensors and no difference. Checked for vacuum leaks as best I can to no avail. Problem started about 2 weeks ago with a stall while almost stopped coming to a set of lights, then ran fine for a week but got gradually worse and worse over the next few days. No leaks at fuel pressure sensor or bleed off valve on the rail. Really got me scratching my head. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jon18363828
Date registered 12.23.2022

Last edited 01.06.2023 | Top

RE: Erratic fuel pressure.

#2 by Jon18363828 , Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:42 pm

Turned out to be the SCV on the high pressure pump. Dodgy out of the box replacement lead me elsewhere but after a more thorough diagnosis it all lead back to the SCV. Just goes to show even a new, out of the box part can be faulty. What are the odds eh?!

Jon18363828
Date registered 12.23.2022

How do i install a sports bar
electrical problem

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor