Traction control lights and loss of power fault

#1 by razalex1 ( Guest ) , Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:51 pm

Hello

I tried to register on the site a few weeks ago but haven't received any confirmation emails as of yet.

I am having an issue with my 2009 L200 Warrior and I found a thread on this website started by someone with the same issue.
It won't let me copy the link to the thread into the post as i am a guest.

The problem I have is the traction control lights coming on.
Truck starts and all lights go out as they should.
After driving a distance, this can be anything from 1/2 mile to 10 miles the traction control lights both come on and I lose power to the engine.
Hope this gives you an idea of my problem.

Unfortunately, the solution to the problem hasn't been explained and I was wanting to ask for some help regarding this problem.

Thanks

razalex1

RE: Traction control lights and loss of power fault

#2 by 123hotchef , Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:54 pm

is this on a Auto?

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#3 by razalex1 ( Guest ) , Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:55 pm

No it is a manual.

razalex1

#4 by Nick , Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:07 pm

Plug a code reader into the socket under the steering wheel
That will tell you the fault codes

2017 Ford Kuga AWD 180 Titanium X.
2018 Abarth 595 - Now Sold.
2013 Grey Barbarian - Now Sold
2006 Black Warrior (New Shape) - Now Sold
2005 Black Warrior (Classic) - Now Sold
Stoke On Trent

Nick
Date registered 10.02.2011

Last edited 08.31.2016 | Top

#5 by razalex1 ( Guest ) , Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:15 pm

The fault codes related to the traction control and ABS are:
U1437
U1430
U1120

There is a member who had this problem and managed to fix it but didn't post a solution.
I found the thread by googling "abs warning light and loss of power l200" and it is the 9th link down.

Thanks

razalex1

#6 by krutly , Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:49 pm

@FoxyChris may be able to shed some light on your issue
I've tagged him so when he sees this he'll possibly be able to give you some pointers

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#7 by Nick , Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:04 pm

Are those the codes from his post or from your truck being read?
As those 2 lights do various faults

2017 Ford Kuga AWD 180 Titanium X.
2018 Abarth 595 - Now Sold.
2013 Grey Barbarian - Now Sold
2006 Black Warrior (New Shape) - Now Sold
2005 Black Warrior (Classic) - Now Sold
Stoke On Trent

Nick
Date registered 10.02.2011

#8 by razalex1 ( Guest ) , Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:08 pm

Yeah they are the codes from my truck.
I have had the problem for a few months now so had the codes read earlier on.
Intermittent problems are always the most frustrating :)

Thanks Guys

razalex1

#9 by razalex1 ( Guest ) , Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:59 pm

Hi guys

Just an update on the situation.
As I was driving today the yellow engine warning light came on as well as the 2 traction control lights and the loss of power.
I had the codes re-read today and I will list them below.

U1120 - Engine malfunction detected
U1437 - Dynamic range error
U1430 - Dynamic range error
C1620 - Engine - ECU communication error
C1292 - CAN communication error
P0106 - MAP/BARO circuit performance
U1101 AT - ECU communication error

Any help would be much appreciated as this issue is doing my head in.

Thanks
Ryan

razalex1

#10 by ronniecabers , Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:33 am

I'd be wondering if a wiring loom issue

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#11 by Joe ( Guest ) , Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:00 am

Hello guys
I had the same issue
My electrician solved in 2 minutes.
There is a small pipe connects the engine with a plug on the right side (brown plug)
It's the vacuum pipe. Just remove the pipe from both ends, clean it with carburator cleaner, spray a bit on the engine end, the engine should rattle (that mean it's open)... Reconnect everything. Delete the errors, go for a test drive, check it again.
I had this issue since August 2016, I bought it like this, I've asked 5 mechanics (friends) all suggested to sell it.

Joe

#12 by Cyanigosa ( Guest ) , Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:17 pm

Hi there just had the same problem with mine the faults in the abs are the result if the engine problem. Check the egr and the carbon build up in the inlet manifold mine was all clogged up

Cyanigosa

#13 by Ray ( Guest ) , Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:24 am

I have a 2006 Mitsubishi l200 animal Manuel..Both traction control lights come on and engine management light.After turning it off every time it does it for about 30mins it stops and the traction lights go out but the engine management light stays on,but it does go out after a while and the next day it happens again and I lose power.When this happens you can not high rev without what sounds like the top of the engine making a loud clicking noise...When turns off and turnt back on it drives for about a mile than it happens again and after 30 mins or so it drives fine..Is my problem the same as you guys?

Ray

#14 by ronniecabers , Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:10 am

Not sure if yours will be the same issue but certainly worth a try cleaning that small pipe out to start....

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#15 by Gazza ( Guest ) , Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:20 am

[quote=Joe|p393035]Hello guys
I had the same issue
There is a small pipe connects the engine with a plug on the right side (brown plug)
It's the vacuum pipe. Just remove the pipe from both ends, clean it with carburator cleaner, spray a bit on the engine end, the engine should rattle (that mean it's open)... Reconnect everything. Delete the errors, go for a test drive, check it again.
I had this issue since August 2016, I bought it like this, I've asked 5 mechanics (friends) all suggested to sell it.[/quote]

Gazza

#16 by and_? ( Guest ) , Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:02 pm

Hello mate. I’ve got exactly the same issue. Did you sort it out ? Thanks

and_?

#17 by SAGI ( Guest ) , Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:59 am

[quote=razalex1|p382891]The fault codes related to the traction control and ABS are:
U1437
U1430
U1120

There is a member who had this problem and managed to fix it but didn't post a solution.
I found the thread by googling "abs warning light and loss of power l200" and it is the 9th link down.

Thanks[/quote]

SAGI

#18 by Iain ( Guest ) , Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:36 am

I had the same issue
I had this issue since August 2016, I bought it like this, I've asked 5 mechanics (friends) all suggested to sell it.[/quote]

I swear this 100% works! I had surging engine, low power and fault code P1299 (VGT system low pressure). I removed the vacuum hose and it was hard to blow through. I cleaned it with carb cleaner, reinstalled and went for a test drive. I had not realised how much power was down. THANK YOU JOE

Iain

#19 by Shepherd92 ( Guest ) , Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:30 pm

I had the same issue

Hi everyone. I am new to this so please bear with! I have a 2008 L200 which has developed the same problem as above. It happened a few years ago and the garage sorted, however now trying to sort myself but just need some guidance on the location of this pipe! Any help greatly appreciated.

Shepherd92

#20 by Guest , Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:56 am

My 2006 has just done same tractor control light on , both of em
No lack of power though, checked fuses all ok

#21 by Skin ( Guest ) , Sun Aug 04, 2024 11:48 am

[quote=Ray|p404415]I have a 2006 Mitsubishi l200 animal Manuel..Both traction control lights come on and engine management light.After turning it off every time it does it for about 30mins it stops and the traction lights go out but the engine management light stays on,but it does go out after a while and the next day it happens again and I lose power.When this happens you can not high rev without what sounds like the top of the engine making a loud clicking noise...When turns off and turnt back on it drives for about a mile than it happens again and after 30 mins or so it drives fine..Is my problem the same as you guys? [/quote]

My 2006 model done this the other day. When I turn it off and back on it’s fine until I rev it. Had a good look at the engine yesterday and found the EGR cooler had snapped off both brackets and rubbed on the starter motor causing the battery to short so that’s the issue of mine

Skin

#22 by wildog ( Guest ) , Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:43 am

hi guys I've got the exact same issue same codes engine surge... does anyone have a photo or more description on the hose to clean? thanks

wildog

HELP prop shaft
abs fault

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor